Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) is a famous American actor, former wrestler, and businessman. He is known worldwide due to his years of outstanding wrestling career. He has multiple accolades to his name from those wrestling years. After that, he delved into showbiz as an actor. Right now, he is one of the top-grossing and top paying actors in Hollywood.
|Nаmе:||Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)|
|Rеаl Nаmе:||Dwayne Douglas Johnson|
|Віrth Dаtе:||May 2, 1972,|
|Віrth Рlасе:||California, United States|
|Parents:||Rocky Johnson, Ata Johnson|
|Wife Nаmе:||Dany Garcia|
|Сhіldrеn:||Simone Alexandra Johnson, Tiana Gia Johnson, Jasmine Johnson|
|Girlfrіеnd Nаmе:||Lauren Hashian|
|Profession||Actor, Producer. Professional Wrestler, Businessman|
|Nеt Wоrth іn 2022:||$1.6 billion|
On May 2nd, 1972, Dwayne Johnson was in Hayward, California, to mother Ata Johnson and father Rocky Johnson, a retired professional wrestler. He lived in Auckland, New Zealand while growing up and played rugby before moving to The States.
The Wrestling ties
Dwyane has some strong wrestling ancestry. His father, Rocky Johnson, a Black Nova Scotian, was one of the first black tag team champions alongside Tony Atlas. His mother, of Samoan descent, is the adopted daughter of Peter Maivia, a pro wrestler. His maternal grandmother Maivia’s wife Lia was the first female pro wrestling promoter. She managed Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling from 1982 to 1988.
Dwayne Johnson had a promising football career. He attended the University of Miami on a full football scholarship and played mostly as a Defensive Tackle. He was on Miami Hurricane’s national championship team in 1991 but appeared in only 1 game. After graduation, he signed up as a linebacker for Calgary Stampeders but was cut after 2 months.
Dwayne did not start his career with his famous moniker “The Rock” but joined the World Wrestling Federation as Rocky Maivia. He started calling himself “The Rock” after returning from injury in 1997.
- On November 17th, 1996, his first match was an eight-man elimination tag match in which he was the sole survivor.
- He won his first Intercontinental Championship by defeating Triple H on February 13th, 1997. He is a two-time Intercontinental Champion.
- He won his first WWF Championship title by defeating Mankind. He has won the WWE Championship eight times during his career.
- He won his first WWF Tag Team Champions title alongside his former rival Mankind on August 30th, 1999. He won the title 5 times throughout his career.
- He has also won 2 WCW Championship titles, Royal Rumble in 2000 and Deadly Games WWF Championship Tournament in 1998. He was the Sixth Triple Crown Champion.
- Throughout his career, he had many notable feuds with many of his famous counterparts, including (but not limited to) Mankind, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shamrock, Kurt Angle, D-Generation X, The Undertaker, and John Cena, to name a few.
- The Rock has been listed as one of the all-time greatest professional wrestlers.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson entered showbiz mainly through his popularity in wrestling and noted work ethic. With the passage of time, he has established himself in Hollywood as a top-rated actor.
- His first TV appearance was as his dad Rocky Johnson in “That ‘70s Show”. He later appeared in “Star Trek Voyager” as an alien wrestler.
- He began his movie career with the role of the Scorpion King in the 2001 sequel “The Mummy Returns.” They returned for the rule of Scorpion King in the 2002 movie of the same name. During his early years, he appeared in multiple movies, including The Rundown (2003), Walking Tall (2004), Be Cool (2005), Doom (2005), Gridiron Gang (2006), Reno 911!: Miami (2007), Southland Tales (2006), The Game Plan (2007) and Agent 23 in getting Smart (2008).
- His claim to fame was his role as Luke Hobbs in Fast Five (2011). He has reprised his role in many sequels and the spin-off Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs & Shaw.
- In 2013, he appeared as Marvin F. Hinton / Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He also appeared in two based-on-true-events movies, Pain & Gain and Empire State. He also produced and starred in the comedy-drama Ballers, about NFL players in Miami.
- His other notable appearances include Hercules (2014), Central Intelligence (2016), Moana (2016), Baywatch (2017), Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017), Rampage (2018), and Skyscraper (2018).
- His most recent works include Jumanji: The Next Level (2019), Jungle Cruise (2021), and Red Notice (2021). He set to appear as the DC villain Black Adam in the movie of the same name.
- In 2012, Johnson founded his production company Seven Bucks Productions. He has produced multiple films, including Fighting with My Family (2019).
Current Net Worth:
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s current net worth is around USD 800 Million. He is currently one of the top paid actors in Hollywood.
- Dwayne was paid USD 5.5 million to star in the 2001 movie The Scorpion King. His paycheck was the largest ever paid to a first-time actor in a leading role.
- He earned USD 12.5 million for The Rundown and USD 15 million for Walking Tall.
- His per-movie upfront salary first reached USD 20 million with Skyscraper (2018).
- He racked up USD 43 million in 2013 and USD 65 million in 2015.
- Between 2017 and 2018, he earned $125 million, making him by far the highest-paid actor.
- He earned USD 20 million for his role in the 2019 film Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.
- He owns Seven Bucks Productions’ production company and launched Teremana Tequila, with Mast-Jägermeister providing distribution.
- In 2006, he founded the Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation, a charity working with at-risk and terminally ill children.
- In 2015, Johnson donated USD 1,500 to a GoFundMe to pay for an abandoned dog’s surgery.
- In 2017, he donated USD 25,000 to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
- After the 2018 Hawaii floods, he worked with Malama Kauai, a nonprofit organization, to help repair damages caused by the floods.
- Johnson has worked with Make-A-Wish Foundation on multiple occasions.