Kim Kardashian is a world-renowned American media personality, socialite, model, and businesswoman. She first came to the limelight thanks to Paris Hilton and since then she has been a star of multiple reality tv shows revolving around the Kardashian family members. According to critics and admirers, she is a good example of the notion of “famous for being famous”.
|Rеаl Nаmе:||Kimberly Noel Kardashian|
|Віrth Dаtе:||October 21, 1980|
|Віrth Рlасе:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Parents:||Kris Jenner, Robert Kardashian|
|Husband Nаmе:||Ye (m. 2014–2022), Kris Humphries (m. 2011–2013),
Damon Thomas (m. 2000–2004)
|Сhіldrеn:||North West, Chicago West, Psalm West, Saint West|
|Profession||Media Personality, Socialite, Model, Businesswoman|
|Nеt Wоrth іn 2022:||1.8 Billion|
Kimberly Noel Kardashian was born in the city of angels Los Angeles, California on October 21st, 1980. Her father Robert Kardashian was an attorney and her mother Kris Kardashian is also a media personality. Her sisters Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian, brother Rob and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner are all attached to show business. Her father represented O.J. Simpson during his murder trial.
Kim has married multiple times. She married music producer Damon Thomas in 2000 but got divorced after 3 years. She then married NBA player Kris Humphries in 2011 but filed for divorce after 72 days.
Her most famous relationship was with the famous award-winning rapper Kanye West. She married West in 2014 and has four children with him. The couple got divorced in 2021. Kim is currently dating comedian and SNL cast member Pete Davidson.
Kim Kardashian first worked for a clothing store in Encino called Body for four years, from 1996 to 2000.
- In 2003, she was working as a personal stylist for R&B singer Brandy. After fraud allegations, her employment was terminated. She also started working for Paris Hilton around 2003 and appeared in multiple episodes of the reality show The Simple Life.
- Her appearances with Paris Hilton are what brought her into the limelight and made her a star. In 2021, Kardashian said that Hilton “literally gave me a career. And I totally acknowledge that.”
- In 2006, Kim opened a boutique shop D-A-S-H in Calabasas, California with her two sisters.
- In 2007, Kim Kardashian started appearing in the hit reality tv series Keeping Up with the Kardashians alongside her mother, Kris Jenner, her step-parent Caitlyn Jenner, her siblings Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian, and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- The show’s success led to multiple spin-offs of reality shows like Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. In December 2007 she did a nude photoshoot for Playboy.
- In 2008, Kim Kardashian made her film debut starring in a comedy spoof Disaster Movie. She also participated in the seventh season of Dancing with the Stars.
- In 2009, Kim made a cameo appearance in one episode of How I Met Your Mother. Kardashian also starred in four episodes of the television series Beyond the Break. In the same year, she also released a workout DVD series through her television production company Kimsaprincess Productions, LLC.
- Three successful workout videos Fit in Your Jeans by Friday, with trainers Jennifer Galardi and Patrick Goudeau were released. She also became a guest host of WrestleMania XXIV and guest judge on America’s Next Top Model in August of 2009.
- In December 2009, Kardashian made a guest appearance on the channel show CBS’s CSI: NY with the actress Vanessa Minnillo.
- In September 2009, she became part of the “Kiss Away Poverty” campaign launched by Fusion Beauty and Seven Bar Foundation. She also released a fragrance in October 2009, titled “Kim Kardashian”.
- In 2010, she made new endorsement deals including Carl’s Jr. She also got involved in the retail and fashion industries with her sisters Kourtney and Khloe. She guest-starred as herself in 90210’s premiere episode of the third season along with her sisters.
- In July 2010, the New York City branch of Madame Tussauds revealed a wax figure of Kardashian. Other ventures in the same years include the production of the reality show The Spin Crowd, appearance in the 10th season of The Apprentice and the filming of the music video for a song titled “Jam (Turn It Up)”.
- Between 2011 and 2012, Kardashian released three new fragrances, Gold, True Reflection and Glam. She also released the novel Dollhouse.
- In 2013, Kim Kardashian starred in moderate box office success romantic drama Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor. The film was critically panned and earned her the Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress.
- In 2014, Kim appeared on the cover and in a pictorial in Paper’s winter issue, photographed by Jean-Paul Goude. The cover featured her nude buttocks above the caption: “Break the Internet”. This generated considerable comments on both social and traditional media. The same year, she released a mobile video game “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood” for both iPhone and Android. She also performed a voice role in one episode of American Dad.
- In 2015, Kardashian released a portfolio book called Selfish, containing self-taken photos of herself. In December 2015, Kardashian published a smiley emoji pack for Apple iOS ( iPhone ) devices called Kimoji.
- As of November 2016, Kim Kardashian was paid between $75,000 and $300,000 for each post that she made on her Instagram, Facebook and Twitter endorsing various products and charities. According to Business Insider, by 2018 she was charging $720,000 per Instagram post.
- In 2018, she also made a cameo appearance in Ocean’s 8. In 2021, she hosted one episode of the live sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
Net Worth in 2022
As of 2022, Kim Kardashian’s net worth is $1.8 billion, with an estimated yearly income of $80 million. This huge net worth is all thanks to her various showbiz and business endeavours and her popular media image.
Between June 2018-19, Kim earned approximately $72 million. Her earnings in the next year were around $50 million.
Her net worth is growing on a yearly basis because of her endorsements, appearance fees, reality TV salary and paid Instagram sponsorships.
Kim also has her own beauty line called KKW Beauty, with an estimated $100 million yearly gross revenue generation. She also launched a fragrance line called KKW Fragrance.
Kim Kardashian also owns a shapewear line called Skims, which was initially called Kimono. She raised $5 million from Imaginary Ventures to launch the company. In 2021 Skims raised $154 million at a valuation of $1.6 billion.
She also earns 28% of the money generated from the popular mobile game “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood”.
According to Business Insider, by 2018 she was charging $720,000 per Instagram post.
Kim earns between $300K and $500K for every paid Instagram post. We know this figure thanks to her 2019 lawsuit against a company called Missguided USA.
Kim Kardashian’s net worth milestones since 2009 are
|Year||Net Worth (US$)|
Kim Kardashian has been a centre of a lot of controversies over the years. Some of the main ones include the following.
- In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kardashian and Ray J in 2002 was leaked. Vivid Entertainment released it like Kim Kardashian, Superstar.
- She first sued the company but then settled for $5 million, and Vivid released the tape. She was then accused of using the film’s fame for publicity for her reality tv show.
- Kim was slandered after she branded Indian curry “disgusting” on Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- She was heavily criticized for her Paper’s 2014 issue photoshoot “Break the Internet”.
- Kim has been criticized for many of her selfies online, even feuding with many media personalities like Bette Midler, Chloe Moretz and TV host, Piers Morgan.
- In 2019, Kim Kardashian was criticized by fans and fashion critics for naming her shapewear line “Kimono”. After heavy criticism, she changed the name to Skims.