Mattress Mack, born James Franklin McIngvale, is a famous American furniture magnate from Houston, Texas. He is known for his successful Gallery Furniture retail chain. Mack is also known for his unique style of sales pitches. In recent years, he has gained fame for his huge bets on various sporting events, especially the Super Bowl games.
|Real Name:||James Franklin Mclngvale|
|Birth Place:||Starkville, Mississippi, United States|
|Parents:||George McIngvale, Angela McIngvale|
|Wife Name:||Linda McIngvale|
|Children’s:||Elizabeth McIngvale, Laura McIngvale, James McIngvale|
|Net Worth in 2022:||$300 Million|
Personal Life Of Mattress
- Mattress Mack was born in Starkville, Mississippi on February 11th, 1951.
- He went to Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas, Texas where he completed his graduation. Afterwards, he attended North Texas State University (now University of North Texas) in Denton. There he also played football.
- McIngvale and his wife have four children and six grandchildren.
Business and other ventures
Mattress Mack (Jim McIngvale) is known for his fast-paced and energetic sales pitches. All of his sales pitches usually end in some variation of his famous catchphrase “saves you money!”.
McIngvale’s unique style of sales pitch arose from the early days of his Gallery Furniture venture. His business was not doing great and he invested all his remaining money, US$ 10,000, in a television commercial to be aired on two Houston stations. He did not like what he saw when the commercial was being produced. Dissatisfied, he made a sales pitch, ad-libbed, and spoke rapidly on account of the limited amount of time available. This fast-paced, on-point commercial proved very effective, markedly increasing his sales.
In 1992, Mattress and Linda (his wife) were executive producers of Sidekicks, an action-comedy film starring Chuck Norris and Jonathan Brandis. Norris also did some commercials for Gallery Furniture after the film.
In 1999, Jim McIngvale spoke at an annual conference of the British Deming Association about the influence of W. Edwards Deming on his business methods.
In 2002, Mattress wrote a book as a co-author Always Think Big with Thomas Duening and John Ivancevich. The book is about the ups and downs that Mattress Mack faced during his business career.
Also Read: https://pkpackages.com/tom-cruise-net-worth-and-biography/
- In 2017, McIngvale opened his stores to people affected by the notorious hurricane Harvey.
- In 2019, Mattress Mack partnered with Crisis Clean Up to provide free meals and shelter at the North Freeway location of his store for the people affected by the Tropical Storm Imelda.
- In 2021, Mattress Mack again rose to the occasion during the 2021 Texas power crisis and winter storms, allowing people shelter from the cold and a place to stay at night at his Gallery Furniture locations. In the same year, he provided shelter, food and other amenities for the people of Louisiana that were affected by Hurricane Ida (that mainly hit the Gulf Coast, devastating Louisiana and New Orleans). McIngvale also ran a supply donation drive and caravan into south Louisiana to deliver supplies to the area.
- In 2010, Jim supported the Tea Party movement, funding full-page ads and appearing as a guest speaker for The North Houston Tea Party Patriots at Sam Houston Race Park along with other conservative radio hosts.
- In 2015, Mattress Mack supported conservative candidate Bill King over Sylvester Turner for the Houston Mayor. Turner won the election. He endorsed Tuner in 2020 for re-election as mayor.
- In 2018, McIngvale endorsed the reelection of Republican U.S. Representative John Culberson. He also appeared in many of his election commercials. Culberson lost to the Democrat Lizzie Fletcher.
Net Worth Of Mattress Mack in 2023
- As of 2023, Mattress Mack’s net worth is $300 million. McIngvale’s main source of income is his highly successful retail chain, Gallery Furniture.
- By an estimate, he is earning $500,000 per month, with an approximate annual income of $25 million.
- McIngvale’s net worth has risen from $190 million in 2017 to the current $300 million.
- It is reported that Mattress Mack routinely places bets on various sports events in order to balance his in-store promotions.
- Jim has been in news quite recently for his bets on various football games. He reportedly betted $4.5 million on the Cincinnati Bengals to win a football game. This has set the official record for the highest mobile wager in sports betting history.
- McIngvale lost $15.4 million on gambling on various games, including the loss and subsequent elimination of the Patriots and Titans during the recent Super Bowl.
- “Mack” won $3.46 million when the Buccaneers beat the Chiefs in last year’s Super Bowl.