Miley Cyrus is a famous pop culture icon of our age. She is known for her pop, country-pop, and hip-hop music and has millions of fans worldwide. From her teenage fame as Hannah Montana to the popularization of twerking, Miley’s life has been a real roller coaster for the last few years. So, who is Miley Cyrus and how did she rise to fame so quickly? Read the bottom line!
|Rеаl Nаmе:||Міlеу Rау Неmѕwоrth|
|Аgе:||29 уеаrѕ оld|
|Віrth Dаtе:||23 Nоvеmbеr 1992|
|Віrth Рlасе:||Frаnklіn, Теnnеѕѕее, Unіtеd Ѕtаtеѕ|
|Parents:||Billy Ray Cyrus, Tish Cyrus|
|Нuѕbаnd Nаmе:||Lіаm Неmѕwоrth (m. 2018)|
|Рrоfеѕѕіоn:||Аmеrісаn ѕіngеr, ѕоngwrіtеr, асtrеѕѕ, аnd рhіlаnthrоріѕt|
|Nеt Wоrth іn 2022:||$160 mіllіоn|
Miley Cyrus was born on November 23rd, 1992 to actress and producer Tish Cyrus, and the country singer Billy Ray Cyrus in the city of Franklin, Tennessee. Her birth name was Destiny Hope Cyrus. She officially changed it to Miley Rey Cyrus in 2008. Miley is changed from her childhood nickname “Smiley”.
Her first appearance in showbiz was in the tv series “Doc” in 2003 which was her father’s production. But the series that really brought her to the limelight was the 2006 hit Disney show Hannah Montana. The show was a hit, ranking among the highest-rated tv shows of its time. It made Miley a household name in America overnight and labelled her as a teen idol. The show popularized her not only as an actress but also as a singer and songwriter.
After her famous Hannah Montana soundtrack, she has released multiple albums over the course of her career like
- “Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus” in 2007
- “Breakout” debuted at number 1 in the United States
- “Can’t Be Tamed” in 2010
- “Bangerz”, her 4th album with hip-hop influence, released in 2013
- “Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz” in 2015
- “Younger Now” in 2017
- “She Is Miley Cyrus” in 2020
Other than the famous soundtrack of her 2006 hit show, her other famous singles include
- The Climb
- Party in the USA
- We Can’t Stop
- Wrecking Ball
Other than her famous singing career, Miley Cyrus has also made her name in the world of acting. After all, she started off as an actor when she was just eight years of age. Until 2022, Miley has a number of acting credits under her belt, both in movies and tv shows. Some of her acting credits include
- Doc (2001), her first acting credit in which she played the role of Kylie in 3 episodes
- of Hannah Montana, the show that ran from 2006 to 2011, in which she played the title character of Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana. She also played that role in the 2009 “Hannah Montana: The Movie”.
- Bolt-in 2008, in which she was the voice actress for the titular character’s owner Penny.
- The Episode “Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too” of the famous anthology show Black Mirror. Although the episode received mixed reviews, Miley’s performance was lauded by multiple critics.
Other than that, she has also appeared in other movies like The Last Song (2010), LOL (2012) and So Undercover (2013), all of which received overwhelmingly negative reviews and were panned by the critics.
She has also voiced her character of Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana in the Hannah Montana series of video games that were published by Buena Vista Games / Disney Interactive Studios. The games were released from 2006 to 2009 with many of the parts receiving mixed to negative ratings.
Net Worth in 2022:
- When she started her career in 2006 with Hannah Montana, she only made $15000 per episode reportedly. She made approximately $1.47 million from that show.
- She has made big bucks from her musicals. Although exact numbers are not known, you can be sure the paydays were huge.
- “Best of Both Worlds Tour”, from late 2007 through January 2008, grossed greater than $54 million
- “The Wonder World Tour” of 2009 grossed more than $67 million, $15 million of which went to Miley
- “Gypsy Heart Tour” in 2011 took in approximately $26 million
- “Bangerz” made over $62 million
- “Milky Milky Milk Tour”, a small-scale tour, with the “Flaming Lips Tour” in 2015 netted around $1 million.
- As of the year 2022, Miley’s Current Net Worth is approx. $160 million.
Miley is quite active in philanthropic activities.
- She has sung multiple charity songs like “Send It On”, “Just Stand Up” etc.
- Over the years, she has met many of her fans in hospitals
- She has donated to multiple charities and causes many times. She supports many charitable foundations, including Elton John AIDS Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Make-A-Wish Foundation, PETA, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Youth Service America, Music for Relief, and The Jed Foundation, to name a few.
- She has founded her own organization called the “Hippie Happy Foundation” in 2014. In its own words, the foundation works to “fight injustice facing homeless youth, LGBTQ youth and other vulnerable populations”
Since the late 2000s, Miley has been in news because of multiple scandals, notably
- Leaked private photos and Topless Vanity Fair Shoot
- Cyberbullying the then newcomers Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez
- Mocking the Asian community by making slanting eyes in group photos with friends
- Twerking and grinding at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards