Tori Spelling is a famous American actress, author, TV personality, TV producer and screenwriter. She is known for her role as Donna Martin in Beverly Hills, 90210, which she reprised in the 2019 spin-off BH90210. She has also appeared in many made for TV movies and independent films. In addition to her showbiz career, she has also authored multiple books.
Tori Spelling was born on May 16th, 1973 to Candy Spelling and Aaron Spelling. Her born name is Victoria Davey Spelling. Her mother is a famous American author and a theatre producer, while her father is a film and television producer. She graduated from an elite private school Harvard-Westlake School in 1991. She is currently married to Canadian actor Dean McDermott and has five children.
|Rеаl Nаmе:||Victoria Davey Spelling|
|Віrth Рlасе:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Parents:||Aaron Spelling, Candy Spelling|
|Spouse:||Dean McDermott (m. 2006), Charlie Shanian (m. 2004–2006)|
|Сhіldrеn:||Beau Dean McDermott, Finn Davey McDermott,
Hattie Margaret McDermott, Liam Aaron McDermott, Stella Doreen McDermott
|Profession||Actress, Author, Television Personality|
|Nеt Wоrth іn 2022:||$1.5 million|
Tori Spelling’s father hired an acting coach for her when she was six. She guest-starred in multiple tv shows like The Love Boat, T. J. Hooker, Hotel, Fantasy Island, Vega$ and Saved by the Bell.
Her first major role was in 1990 as Donna Martin in Beverly Hills, 90210 when she was 17. She was nominated twice for Young Artist Award for her role. She also starred in multiple made-for-tv films, including Co-ed Call Girl (1996), A Friend to Die For (1994), and Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (1996). She also acted in some independent films like The House of Yes (1997) and Trick (1999).
Later Career, 2006-09
In 2006, Tori Spelling starred as herself in So Notorious, a sitcom in which she parodied her own public image.
- In 2007, she was part of the reality series Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, originally Tori & Dean: Inn Love. The couple fake purchased and operated a bed and breakfast hotel, Chateau La Rue in Fallbrook, California for their reality series.
- In 2008, she released her autobiography sTori TELLING which she followed up with her second book in 2009 titled Mommywood.
- In 2009, she reprised her role as Donna Martin in the spin-off 90210.
Current career, 2010-present
- In 2010, Tori Spelling released her third book titled Uncharted TerriTORI.
- In 2011, Tori appeared in the Home Sweet Hollywood’s spin-off series, Tori & Dean: sTORIbook Weddings with her husband Dean McDermott. A lawsuit was filed against the series by writers who claimed they had the same idea as the air show Tori & Dean: sTORIbook Weddings. In the same year, she voiced the Pirate Princess in Jake and the Never Land Pirates and also starred in a comedy short Hoarders: Untold sTori. She also made an appearance in the thirteenth season of Big Brother that year.
- In 2012, Spelling hosted My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic ‘Royal Wedding’ special. She also hosted the premiere of Craft Wars. The same year, she performed in a skit on Nick Jr.’s Yo Gabba Gabba!.
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott appeared in the reality TV series Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever which was aired in 2014. She also starred in a short-lived TV series Mystery Girls. In 2016, Tori appeared to voice a character named April in the animated movie Izzie’s Way Home. She starred alongside James Franco in the TV movie Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? the same year.
- Tori Spelling started hosting the TV series The Look All-Stars. In the same year, she appeared in the sixth and final installment of the Sharknado franchise, The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time.
- In 2019, Spelling competed in The Masked Singer. In 2020, Tori, along with Beverly Hills 90210 co-star Jennie Garth, started a podcast titled 9021OMG.
- Tori Spelling has appeared in multiple independent films during her career including The House of Yes (1997), Trick (1999), Scary Movie 2 (2001), Cthulhu (2007), and Kiss the Bride (2007). She has also starred in multiple made-for-tv movies including A Friend to Die For (1994), A Carol Christmas (2003), The Mistle-Tones (2012), and both versions of Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (1996 & 2016).
Tori Spelling has authored six books. Three of the books were published by Gallery Books, one was published by Aladdin Books and another was published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment. Her six books are
- STORI Telling (2008)
- Mommywood (2009)
- Uncharted TerriTORI (2010)
- Presenting Tallulah (2010)
- CelebraTORI (2012)
- Spelling It Likes It Is (2013)
Net Worth Of Tori Spelling in 2022
As of 2022, Tori Spelling’s net worth is $1.5 million thanks to her TV career and books. In addition to her acting career and her authorship of multiple books, she also has her own line of jewellery which she sells on Home Shopping Network. She owns a 5,980 square foot home in the Santa Monica Mountains, for which she with her partner Dermott paid $3.7 million in 2020. The pair previously sold a 6,700 square foot Encino estate, which they sold for $2.5 million.
In 2013, Spelling announced that she was broke, shocking her fans. In an interview, she stated that she had blown through every penny she had due to some bad investment decisions and a lavish lifestyle. When asked about her exact net worth, she replied
“I don’t have one million dollars. We had some income here and there, but no savings apart from our retirement accounts.”
But her husband clarified in the US Magazine the next day
“Right now, things are going well. Tori and I are doing just fine financially.”
Tori Spelling and her husband Dean McDermott got broiled in a cheating scandal in 2013. According to Us Weekly, McDermott was unfaithful to Spelling. This revelation came right after the couple welcomed their second son. Since then, the couple has suffered many setbacks but are still working on their relationship, for the sake of their five children.
In March 2017, City National Bank filed a lawsuit against the couple for failing to pay their loan. Her husband was sued by her ex-wife for $100,000 in owed child support. The couple was also sued by American Express for $87,000 in credit card debt and $260,000 in unpaid taxes.