Vin Diesel is an American actor and producer known for playing Dominic Toretto in the Fast & Furious franchise. Although known for his roles in action movies, he has also shown his acting and voice chops in comedy and animated movies.
|Rеаl Nаmе:||Mark Sinclair|
|Віrth Рlасе:||California, United States|
|Parents:||Irving Vincent, Delora Vincent|
|Wife Nаmе:||Paloma Jimenez|
|Сhіldrеn:||Pauline Sinclair, Hania Riley Sinclair, Vincent Sinclair|
|Profession:||Voice Actor, Stunt Performer, Film Director, Television Producer, Film Producer, Film Actor, Screenwriter, Stage Actor|
|Nеt Wоrth іn 2022:||$225 Million|
Vin Diesel was born in Alameda County, California, on July 18th, 1967, to Delora Sherleen Vincent, an astrologer, though he later moved to New York City with his fraternal twin brother Paul. He never knew his biological father and was raised by his mother and adoptive father, Irving H. Vincent. Irving was an acting director and theatre manager. Diesel believes that his parent’s relationship would have been illegal because of the anti-miscegenation laws that do not allow interracial marriages.
Vin Diesel’s first taste of acting came from his appearance in the kids’ stage play Dinosaur Door, produced at Theater for the New City in New York’s Greenwich Village. He got the role by accident when he and his brother and some other friends broke in and tried to vandalize the Theater. They were caught, but instead of calling the police, the Theater’s artistic director offered them roles in the play. This sparked their love for the arts in him, and he attended NYC’s Hunter College, where studies in creative writing led to him becoming a screenwriter.
He adopted Vin Diesel’s name while working as a bouncer for a nightclub because he wanted a tougher-sounding name for his occupation. It is an amalgam of Vin from Vincent, his mother’s last name, and Diesel, a nickname bestowed on him by his friends due to his energetic tendencies at times.
- Vin Diesel first appeared in the drama film Awakenings, released in 1990. His role was uncredited.
- In 1994, he wrote, directed, produced, and starred in the short drama film Multi-Facial. It was screened at the 1995 Cannes Festival.
- In 1997, Diesel made Strays, a feature-length urban drama movie. This was selected for competition at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival.
- In 1998, Vin Diesel starred in Steven Spielberg’s Oscar Winner Saving Private Ryan. Spielberg cast him after seeing him in the short film Multi Facial. In 1999, he provided the voice of the title character of the animated film The Iron Giant. In 2000, he appeared in a supporting role in Boiler Room. But his breakthrough role came in the same year in the movie Pitch Black, in which he played the anti-hero character Riddick.
- Diesel reached stardom after starring in the street racing action movie The Fast and The Furious as Dominic Toretto in 2001. In the following year, he appeared as Xander Cage in the action movie XXX (2002). He did not reprise his roles in the sequels of both these franchises and instead returned as Riddick in The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), a box office failure due to its huge budget. He voiced his character in the anime film The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury the same year.
- In 2005, Vin veered off from his usual action film roles and starred in The Pacifier, a light-hearted comedy film. The film was a box office success.
- In 2006, Diesel played the real-life mobster Jack DiNorscio in Find Me Guilty, for which he got critical acclaim even though the movie was a box office bomb. In the same year, he made a cameo appearance in The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift.
- In 2008, he appeared in the science-fiction thriller Babylon A.D., which was critically panned and bombed. He reprised his role as Dominic Toretto in Fast & Furious in 2009. Since then, he has been the main part of the franchise, appearing in Fast Five (2011), Fast & Furious 6 (2013), Furious 7 (2015), The Fate of the Furious (2017), and F9 (2021).
- Vin Diesel became part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Groot, providing voice and motion capture for the humanoid plant superhero. He appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2018), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- He reprised his role of Riddick in Riddick (2013) and Xander Cage in XXX: Return of Xander Cage (2017).
- Other than that, he has appeared in multiple movies, including The Last Witch Hunter (2015), Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (2016), and Bloodshot (2020).
- He will appear to reprise his role of Groot in the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023). He is also set to appear in the Avatar franchise and future Fast & Furious movies.
Current Net Worth:
- Vin Diesel’s current net worth is USD 225 million. Depending on his film output, he can easily earn as much as $50 million per year.
- Vin Diesel’s movies have generated more than USD 7 billion at the worldwide box office.
- In 2015, Diesel made USD 47 million. He was the third highest-paid actor that year, thanks to Furious 7.
- In 2016, Diesel earned USD 35 million and was the 7th highest-paid actor that year.
- In 2017, Diesel racked up USD 54.3 million, making him the 3rd highest-paid actor of the year.
Vin Diesel reportedly supports multiple charities and foundations.
- He founded a non-profit organization called One Race Global Film Foundation to diversify growth in people from various communities.
- He is an active supporter of the Steve Aoki Charitable Foundation.
- He also supports his late best friend’s organization, Paul Walker’s Foundation, which provides grants and scholarships to students pursuing marine studies.
- He makes donations at Children Of The Night.